Public Guillotine League Overview
A public guillotine league begins with 18 teams. After each week, the team that scored the fewest points that week is eliminated from the competition.
When a team is eliminated, its entire roster of players become free agents, eligible to be acquired by the rest of the league. Waiver wire pandemonium ensues.
So, to recap, one of the original 18 teams will be eliminated after Week 1, which means 17 teams will remain in Week 2. After the lowest scoring team is chopped in Week 2, 16 teams will be left standing in Week 3. This process continues throughout the season.
There are two winner formats to choose from: Final Four Playoff and Last Man Standing (see below).
For full rules click here.
Every week, the team with the week's lowest score is chopped from the league and their season is over.
That team's entire roster goes to the waiver wire and is eligible to be acquired via free agency.
There are no head-to-head matchups, which means there are also no win/loss records.
Final Four Format
After the conclusion of Week 14, the final four remaining teams enter a playoff in Weeks 15-17. There is no elimination during this period. The cumulative highest scoring team from Weeks 15-17 is the winner.
Last Man Standing Format
Unlike the Final Four format, there is no playoff period. We continue chopping one team per week through Week 17. The last team remaining after Week 17 is the winner.
The prizing listed below is for full season contests, for both Final Four and Last Man Standing formats:
$30 entry fee -> 1st $300, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
$50 entry fee - > 1st $450, 2nd $180, 3rd $100
$100 entry fee - > 1st $1,000, 2nd $350, 3rd $150
$250 entry fee - > 1st $2,500, 2nd $1,000, 3rd $250
For contests that start in-season, be sure to check the contest's details for the payouts arrangements.
- Fast Draft: Snake-style, 14 rounds, 60 seconds per pick
- Slow Draft: Snake-style, 14 rounds, 1, 2 or 6 hours per pick
- 14 total players: 8 starters, 6 bench
- You start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE)
- Passing: 1 point every 25 yards, 4 point TDs, 2 point passing conversions
- Rushing: 1 point every 10 yards, 6 point TDs, 2 point rushing conversions
- Receiving: 1 point per reception, 1 point every 10 yards, 6 point TDs, 2 point receiving conversions
- Kick/Punt Return/Fumble Recovery: 6 point TDs
*Fractional scoring for yardage
- Players are acquired using your Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB) via blind bidding
- There is one blind bidding period every week (Wednesday) through Week 17
- After the weekly blind bidding period, there is a first-come-first-serve (FCFS) acquisition period
- Starting FAAB budget is $1000, $0 bids are not allowed but you can add via FCFS with $0 balance
|Trades||Trading is not allowed.|
|Injured Reserve||There are no designated roster spots for injured or suspended players|